Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Seller Spotlight

Welcome to a new seller spotlight! This week, Linda, who owns an adorable shop on Etsy, shares how she started doing what she loves.

"The best thing I can think of to share with your readers is how I found my “dream job”.  I’ve been making hand crafted things for as long as I can remember.  I have been selling my things at craft shows for years.  Then I found Etsy.  Etsy is like a huge craft show with worldwide customers.  How great is that? So after I “quit my day job” almost a year ago, I plunged right into developing my own Etsy shop “A Sign of the Times”.  It was a lot of work and a big risk.  However, the ride over the past 10 months has been a joy for me.  This is truly my “dream job”.  I won’t kid you, I’m probably working more hours than ever and there is no “off” button.  My mind is always working on the next best item I can put in my shop, how to photograph it or how I will get my orders all finished on time.  My customers have been wonderful to work with and I’ve made friends all over the world through my shop.
 If you visit, you’ll see that I have a large variety of handcrafted items.  That’s because I love making all sorts of crafts.  The most popular items seem to be baby gifts and wedding jewelry for flower girls, brides and bridesmaids.  Since getting married and having babies are two of the most wonderful times in our lives, I enjoy making things that will make those times extra special for my customers.  The customers help to keep my ideas flowing by the requests they make.
I also started a blog to share the many things I find on the internet that spark my interest and think others would enjoy.  I would love people to stop by my shop, A Sign of the Times, or my blog and share their  ideas too."
                                                                                              Thank you,
                                                                                              Linda Quackenbush
My shop: A Sign of the Times http://mmtncrfts.etsy.com
My blog: A Sign of the Times http://mmtncrfts.blogspot.com


Here are a few of Linda's adorable items!

Little Girl Pearl Bracelet perfect for flower girl or first pearls
 

So Sweet.

No comments: